About Jebel Ali Free Zone
Established in 1985, Jebel Ali Free Zone is the oldest free zone in the middle east. JAFZA is a truly global business hub due to its strategic location next to the largest man-made port in the Middle East. It hosts thousands of businesses from over 100 countries. Among these businesses are numerous global fortune 500 companies as well as the headquarters of many regional and international businesses. Jebel Ali is one of the few free zones that offer offshore company formation options. Offshore companies can conduct activities outside the jurisdiction within which they are incorporated. They provide the perfect solution to investors who are looking to conduct business through the UAE or create holding companies. Offshore companies are ideal for international trading, shipping, international consulting services and protecting your assets.
Advantages of offshore company formation in JAFZA
- Ownership – offshore companies can be 100% foreign-owned.
- Tax exemption – offshore companies are 100% corporate and income tax-free. They also have the benefit of 100% reparation of profits and no import or export duty.
- Confidentiality – The authority within which the company is formed does not disclose the financial information of its offshore clients to their home countries. UAE follows strict corporate laws and banking confidentiality.
- Professional Services – Conduct global consulting and management services through an offshore company. Companies can avail tax benefits and work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own properties in the UAE – An Offshore Company can be used to purchase property in certain areas in the UAE as specified by the Offshore Jurisdiction.
- Holding Companies- An Offshore Company can act as a holding company where shareholders can aggregate all their business establishments under one holding company.
JAFZA offshore company set up
- Choose a Company Name – The first step is to choose a trade name for your company. The company trade name must follow the rules set by the jurisdiction within which the company is being incorporated.
- Shareholders, Director and Secretary – Offshore companies require a minimum of one shareholder and one secretary. The shareholder can be an individual or a corporate entity.
- Choose the Capital Investment – For offshore businesses, there is no minimum limit for capital investment. The capital can be divided according to the shareholder’s requirements.
- Documentation and Legal Attestation – The required documents must be attested by the UAE embassy in the home country and UAE.
- Application Form Submission – Submit the required documents along with the application form to the offshore authority. Once the document is submitted and the required fee is paid, companies can obtain the incorporation certificate and start their business.
At LegalWorks, we work with skilled registered agents who provide start to end offshore company formation services. The registration and incorporation process for Dubai offshore companies is determined by the JAFZA free zone authority. Our team can assist in choosing the ideal jurisdiction for your company type and activity. We will assist in every step, including the preparation of documents, the application form and payment processes. We can help you register your offshore company in JAFZA easily and quickly allowing you to run your international business successfully.