About Offshore Company
Offshore companies are unique business entities found in the UAE. They are different from all other types of companies because they can conduct business activities outside of the country in which they are incorporated. Such companies do not have to be physically present in the country in which they have been registered in. These companies do not require a license from any government department or free zone authority instead they receive a certificate of incorporation. Offshore company setup in Dubai or any other emirate provides an ideal opportunity to those interested in international trading, shipping, and international consulting services.
Registering an offshore company in Dubai is an attractive option for foreign investors because of UAE’s tax-free environment. Not only this but the country has strict confidentiality policies in place for offshore companies, making them a great option for individuals looking to protect their assets or create holding companies. Offshore companies can be 100% foriegn owned. Unfortunately, such companies cannot trade within the UAE unless under special circumstances.
The registration process for offshore company formation in Dubai is determined by a registered agent through the respective jurisdiction within which it is located. There are many locations within UAE, such as Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) and Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA). LegalWorks can help you through the process of offshore company formation in UAE. Our team will work with you closely and assist in every step, including the preparation of all documents to be submitted such as MOA, the application form, and the payment process. We at LegalWorks aim to make the company set up process easy and straightforward, allowing you to run your international business successfully.
Advantages of forming an Offshore Company
- Ownership – Offshore Companies Can Be 100% Foreign-Owned.
- Tax Exemption – Offshore Companies Are A 100% Corporate And Income Tax-Free. They Also Have The Benefit Of 100% Reparation Of Profits And No Import Or Export Duty.
- Confidentiality – The Authority Within Which The Company Is Formed Does Not Disclose The Financial Information Of Its Offshore Clients To Their Home Countries. UAE Follows Strict Corporate Laws And Banking Confidentiality
- Professional Services – Conduct Global Consulting And Management Services Through An Offshore Company. Companies Can Avail Tax Benefits And Work Remotely From Anywhere In The World.
- Own Properties In The UAE – An Offshore Company Can Be Used To Purchase Property In Certain Areas In The UAE As Specified By The Offshore Jurisdiction.
- Holding Companies- An Offshore Company Can Act As A Holding Company Where Shareholders Can Aggregate All Their Business Establishments Under One Holding Company.
Setting up an Offshore Company.
- Choose a Company Name – The first step is to choose a trade name for your company. The company trade name must follow the rules set by the jurisdiction within which the company is being incorporated.
- Shareholders, Director and Secretary – Offshore companies require a minimum of one shareholder and one secretary. The shareholder can be an individual or a corporate entity.
- Choose the Capital Investment – For offshore businesses, there is no minimum limit for capital investment. The capital can be divided according to the shareholder’s requirements.
- Documentation and Legal Attestation – The required documents must be attested by the UAE embassy in the home country and UAE.
- Application Form Submission – Submit the required documents along with the application form to the offshore authority. Once the document is submitted and the required fee is paid, companies can obtain the incorporation certificate and start their business.
At LegalWorks, we work with the best registered agents who provide start to end offshore company formation services. Free zone determines the registration and incorporation process for each offshore company formation. Our team will assist in every step, including the preparation of documents, the application form and payment processes. We can help you register your offshore company in UAE easily and quickly.